Here is the Bee Quiz presented at the Harrow Beekeepers‘ Christmas Social on 13th December.
There were five members who shared first prize, each with a total of 20 out of 25 questions correct. Well done to all those who entered!
To see the answers, view this post on it’s own (click the heading) and then hover over or click each question.
- Pollen is a source of ….. for the bee?
- Number of eggs a queen can lay in 1 day
- How fast do bees’ wings beat
- Why are honey bees reluctant to sting
- What gives a bee sting its ouch and itch
- What colour can honey bees see that people can’t
- What colour can people see that bees can’t
- Life span of a queen
- Colour of new wax
- Pollen is carried in the ……
- What senses do bees and humans have in common
- How many eyes does a bee have
- What is H2C2O4 better known as
- What’s the equivalent in grams of 1 lb
- What’s the average water content of natural honey?
- What’s the maximum permitted HMF (HydroxyMethylFurfuraldehyde) content in honey in the EU?
- What colour should 2016’s queens be marked?
- What’s the scientific, binomial name for the honey bee
- Is the Asian Hornet bigger than the native UK hornet
- At what outside temperature do bees begin to cluster
- What are the three major subdivisions of a bee’s body
- In taxonomic terms, what order do bees belong in
- What are the breathing holes along a bee’s body called
- In what year was the HBKA founded
- What’s the address/URL of the HBKA website